Birth ROCKS Mentors believe that childbirth is the most amazing experience of a woman’s life, and should be respected as such. Find Birth ROCKS Bournemouth on Facebook.
The Birth ROCKS Philosophy
- Natural birth is the best option for mother and baby. Where this is not possible or not mother choice, we offer love, respect and support.
- Preparing for childbirth is a journey of self-discovery, not a list of medical facts
- Our mentors guide parents on this journey, not forcing their own stories or beliefs but encouraging this self-knowledge to unfold
- One size does not fit all. Although many practices can aid your comfort during labour and birth, there is no ‘quick fix’ for a fast pain free birth. Only self-discovery and acceptance can allow birth to be a complete experience
- Mothers are individuals and must be respected and treated as such. We respect and support each mother’s choices for her and her baby during pregnancy and birth
- Mothers are active participants in birth. We are not at our birth, we are IN our birth.
- We cannot account for special circumstances that may arise during pregnancy or birth, and we do not judge the ‘success’ of our birth experience by the use or lack of necessary interventions.
- We are in birth as we are in life. We use pain coping practices which reflect our true selves.
- Birth partners do not always have to be dad. This is an important aspect of the birth that should be decided by both parents.
- Birth can be painful, but we can allow the awesomeness of the experience to overshadow this.
Ultimately, Birth ROCKS!